Liepāja is a true paradox city, you can find opposites at every step here – vivid contrast is the strongest feature of our city. But as you already know – you can’t explain Liepāja – you just have to feel it!
We offer you to experience a great and thrilling summer holiday in the windy city:
- Enjoy Liepāja’s vast white sandy beach – a peaceful stroll or a quiet evening jog, a refreshing swim or sportive water activities, yoga or sunbaths, accompanied by stunning sunrise and sunset. Moreover, all of that is just a few steps away from the comfort of the city.
- Go for a walk in Seaside Park. The 3 kilometres long Seaside Park occupies a territory of 50 ha – currently one of the largest planted parks in Latvia. The Alley of Fame of Latvian Musicians and environmental design object “The Tree of Ghosts” can be found at the end of Peldu Street by the Open air Concert garden “Pūt, vējiņi!”. Luxurious 19th and 20th century villas can be seen along Dzintaru Street and Liepu Street at the east side of the park.
- Every Sunday at 12:00 families with children are welcome to enjoy a free of charge open-air theatre play. The venue of the event is near the Children’s playground. You can also enjoy family events every Sunday starting from 16.00 at the 53 Liepāja Old Port.
- Try all of Liepāja bicycle paths, and check out the city’s most popular sites along the way.
- Walk the 4 km-long Zirgu Island Nature Trail with wooden boardwalks, two viewing platforms, a birdwatching tower, and comfortable picnic places.
- Take to Karosta to learn the magical heritage full of historical background, combined with the delight of the wild nature.
- Get to know Liepāja in an exciting and attractive way – challenge yourself and your family at one of the Liepāja orienteering grounds.
And after you have had a full recharge of fresh air, indulge in the comfort offered by Liepāja hospitality at one of the Liepāja accommodation places.
Whereas Liepāja cafes and restaurants will take care of your gourmet meal.
Plan your destination Liepāja!